Scodix Ultra2 Series
The Scodix Ultra2 digital enhancement presses bring new levels of flexibility, quality and productivity to commercial PSPs and folding carton converters. Even more you can effectively grow your business, guaranteeing accuracy, quality, consistency and reliability – and improve profitability by offering customers 9-unique, high-end enhancement applications, elevating each print to a unique showpiece. What’s more, these high-quality pages and printing products allow you to charge premium prices, increase customer retention and provide you with a real competitive edge.
Based on the award-winning Scodix Ultra series platform, the new Scodix Ultra2 series of presses deliver more flexibility, enhanced quality and increased productivity. Benefit from the new state-of-the-art print engine, upgraded ink software system, added qualified substrates, increase to 5-polymer tanks, quicker set-up time, faster RIP, parallel RIPing capabilities and more.
The Scodix Ultra2 series of presses include:
• Scodix Ultra2
• Scodix Ultra2 Pro
• Scodix Ultra2 Pro with Foil
The Ultimate Multi Material Platform
Scodix Ultra2 series of presses are packaged with the multi material platform you need for enhancing the largest array of jobs in the enhancement industry today. The multi material platform produces unmatched quality – on time and on budget – all on one press supporting multi applications, multi print processes and multi substrates.
The multi applications enable up to 9 applications to efficiently run on this single platform, replacing the need to run separate systems on your production floor.
• Scodix Sense
• Scodix Spot
• Scodix Foil
• Scodix Metallic
• Scodix VDE/VDP
• Scodix Cast&Cure
• Scodix Crystal
• Scodix Braille
• Scodix Glitter
The multi print processes allows preforming enhancements from various CMYK print processes up to B2+ size sheet format (545 x 788mm / 21.5 x 31in), with material weights from 135 to 675gsm / 6 to 30 points and material thickness up to 0.7mm / 700 microns. Scodix Ultra2 series of presses support most CMYK print processes including: Offset, ElectroInk (HP Indigo), Inkjet and Toners.
The multi substrates give you the freedom to print enhancements on paper, lamination, variety of water based coatings, PVC and carton. Today, there are over 100 qualified medias including offset, digital, plastics, laminated/non-laminated, coated and uncoated with no need for additional, complex set-up. Scodix brings numerous benefits to a range of industries, including commercial print, direct mail, folding cartons, point of display, web2print, security markings and many more with a focus on fine details and surface finishing. Products produced with Scodix enhancements include business/greeting cards, folders, book covers, brochures, labels, packaging and more.
Unsurpassed Scodix Technology
Scodix Ultra2 platform technology offers unique advantages for enhancement printing.
- Scodix RSP™ (Rotate/Scale/Position) Registration Technology is based on a multi CCD camera system and dedicated software algorithms, this application rotates, scales and positions the Scodix print enhancement image with pinpoint accuracy, scanning each individual sheet to efficiently deliver the PolySENSE™ clear polymer and Spot™ polymer liquids to its precise location.
- Scodix Automatic Switching enables operators to quickly and easily switch material between and up to 5-different polymers, making sure any print receives the perfect printing conditions, further improving performance.
- Scodix Variable Density allows for an unlimited variety of Scodix polymer densities with the ability to vary polymer density from 1-100% in a single pass, adding tangible depth/texture to images and text.
- Scodix Ultra™ Twin-Tray System conveys sheets under the fixed array of inkjet heads in a single pass at a rate of 1,250 B2 size sheets per hour. With two trays operating simultaneously and with an independent motion system for each tray, the Scodix Ultra2 Pro with Foil reaches the ultimate ratio of performance and efficiency – every time, on every job.
- Scodix Foil deploys a wide range of hot and cold industry standard foil films, coupled with a large gamut of qualified media. With Scodix digital foil, foil can be an integral part of any important print job, providing best performance, in any run length, from one to thousands. All with no dyes, molds and set up time.
The Scodix Challenge
Print service providers and folding carton converters are part of a fast-paced, ever-changing industry with increasing customer demands that directly impact their own business. All along the supply chain, differentiation is key to achieving market share, shelf space or a larger portion of customer spending. The ability to stand out, outshine the competition and deliver a truly memorable product, is the goal of every print PSP. But the real challenge is in reducing run length, set-up time and lower costs to maximize quality and productivity which generates new business. This challenge is met with Scodix Ultra and Ultra2 series of presses.
A clean, green process that contains no polluting additives, Scodix SENSE™ and Scodix Spot HD eliminate plates, molds, chemicals, and solvents, while reducing energy consumption. Scodix SENSE™ and Scodix Spot HD output is non-toxic and recyclable.