Scodix Ultra Series
High Value With High Productivity
The Scodix Ultra™ Digital Presses are the most productive in the series and enable commercial PSPs and folding-carton converters to produce tangible enhancements for a wide variety of applications; marketing literature, stationery items, book covers, boxes and premium packages, greeting cards, photo albums with VDP capabilities based on a barcode system, and more – the opportunities are endless. Place your stamp on almost any printed media.
The series comprises of two presses:
- Scodix Ultra Pro™ Digital Enhancement Press
- Scodix Ultra™ Digital Enhancement Press
These presses are the perfect answer to the exacting requirements of an ever more demanding industry and reach new levels of Speed, Quality, and Efficiency.
- Highest quality enhancement for longer runs
- Efficiency and performance enable high productivity
- Support offset, digital and laminated print
Scodix Ultra Pro Digital Enhancement Press
The Scodix Ultra Pro boasts all the features of the Scodix Ultra digital enhancement press with the addition of two brand new features that increase productivity and the range of effects that can be achieved.
- Automatic polymer switching mechanism
- The press comes with an automatic mechanism that enables the operator to switch rapidly, and simply, between up to 3 different polymers, thus further improving performance and productivity.
Scodix Foil Station is an optional module, that runs in-line with the Scodix Ultra Pro Digital Press, delivering unmatched foil enhancement capabilities, including high gloss, embossed, variety of densities for short to medium runs, using a highly advanced, highly-efficient digital process. Scodix Foil is ideal for commercial printers, coping with short to medium runs, who today have to outsource the foil application or to use a long and expensive make ready process including molds and dies, as well as for converters doing high-end short up to medium runs.
Scodix Foil deploys a wide range of hot and cold industry standard foil films, coupled with a variety of substrates, including offset, digital, plastics, laminated/non-laminated, and coated/ Without coating Applications include business/greeting cards, folders, book covers, brochures, labels, packaging and more.
Based on the proprietary Scodix Ultra Pro platform, Scodix Foil provides a host of innovative, patented technologies:
- RSP™ (Rotate Scale Position) – based on 4 CCD cameras and sophisticated algorithms for optimal image to image registration
- PAS™ (Pin Activate Secure) – unique and patented foil process using the PolySENSE 500™ polymer to enable ultra-fine details with wide variety of foils on ranges of substrates
- Transfer capabilities – achieved in conjunction with Compact brand foilers, the market leader in foil transfer units; synergy between the companies results in flawless, robust, high-yield production with significant foil savings
Cost Effective – Replaces the conventional analog method, eliminating the need for dies, plates, molds and other costly materials; make-ready costs result in a breakeven point of over 9,000 sheets – incomparable cost-savings for short to medium runs
High Quality – Scodix unique patented technologies, the PAS™, RSP™ and transfer process deliver superior Foil enhancement print with ultra-fine details, high gloss, surface coverage and flawless registration; high-end print quality is achieved via a robust and reliable automatic process with a high production yield
VDP/VDE capabilities that enable personalization with foil
Digital – Quick, efficient, environmentally “green” and easy-to-use process provides customers with fast turnaround time to meet and exceed their needs
In-House – Manage and control your foil enhancement applications, profit from rapid time to market response, be independent from 3rd party suppliers and keep your print jobs confidential by not exposing them to other PSPs
- Scodix Sense™ Digital enhancement printing to enable print service providers, folding carton converters, designers and brand owners to turn ordinary products and applications into extraordinary creations
- Scodix Foil An optional hardware module, it runs in-line with the Scodix Ultra Pro Digital Press, delivering unmatched foil enhancement capabilities
- Scodix Foil on Foil Enables unique special effects, unavailable on any other system, compiling different foils on foil and a variety of Scodix Sense features to achieve numerous texture effects
- Scodix Spot Selective spot varnish for short to medium runs, digitally recreating the effect of traditional analog flat varnishes without the setup time or mess
- Scodix Cast & Cure: Unique capability for Scodix based on the Foil station design, creating high impact 3D-holographic dramatic effects
- Scodix Crystals: Adding colorful, sparkle effects with Scodix Crystal™, Create a real 3D dimension items with a high build polymer. Replacing the manual placement of crystals on products like greeting cards, brochures, etc.
- Scodix Metallic Enables users to enhance prints with metallic coloring by simply utilizing the Scodix SENSE CMYK color process
- Scodix Glitter World’s first in-house digital inkjet glittering station, produces the remarkable Scodix Digital-Glittering™ experience
- Scodix VDP/VDE Comprehensive digital enhancement accentuates the impact of digital enhancement with personalized, individualized text and graphics
- Scodix Braille Ultra innovative Scodix Inkjet-Braille™ solution, designed to provide a better quality of life for blind and visually impaired people around the world
Scodix SPOT™ HD
- The Scodix Ultra Pro is the first system to feature Scodix SPOT™ HD, a special polymer that produces a selective spot varnish for short to medium Scodix SPOT HD digitally recreates the effect of traditional analog flat varnishes, without the setup time or mess, in a cost effective method for run lengths of up to 5,000 sheets. The new Spot 80 HD is both more cost-effective and higher quality than conventional silk-screen products.
|Scodix Ultra||Scodix Ultra Pro|
|Scodix Foil ™ ||√|
|Scodix High Impact||√||√|
|Scodix 99 GU||√||√|
|Scodix Variable Density||√||√|
|Automatic switching between polymers||√|
Scodix Ultra Digital Enhancement Press
The Scodix Ultra machines boast exciting new features designed to answer the growing requirement for digital enhancement in longer runs, while retaining the highest quality, reliability and perfect registration. With the ability to print on a wide variety of materials from paper to PVC or carton board up to 30 points or 675 gsm, this modular digital solution will bring tangible benefits to a wide variety of applications including commercial print, packaging, displays, security marking and braille.
The heart of these machines is the patent-pending Scodix Ultra™ Twin-Tray media handling system that conveys the sheets under the fixed array of ink heads in a single pass at a rate of up to 1,250 B2 size sheets per hour. With two trays operating simultaneously, and with an independent motion system for each tray, the Scodix Ultra™ presses reach the ultimate ratio of performance and efficiency, from the first sheet, every time.
This highly accurate media handling system guarantees high print quality, consistency and reliability.
The Scodix Ultra™ Digital Enhancement Press executes unblemished, selective enhancements with Scodix’s proprietary PolySENSE™ clear polymer:
- Scodix RSP™ Technology (Rotate, Scale, Position) – based on a multi CCD camera system and dedicated software algorithms, Rotates, Scales and Positions the Scodix print enhancement image with pinpoint accuracy, scanning every sheet to deliver the PolySENSE™ to its exact location.
- Scodix High Impact –The height of the Scodix Sense enhancement is what gives tangible dimension to graphic printed items. The polymer can reach a height of up to 250 microns, 100 times higher than conventional selective varnish.
- Scodix 99 GU – Highest gloss available for printed materials. The smooth, flat layer applied by the Scodix Sense results in a gloss level higher than 99 Gloss Units – giving the final product a glossy look that far exceeds any regular printed sheet with conventional enhancements.
- Scodix Variable Density – Unlimited variety of Scodix SENSE™ densities – the ability to vary the density of the polymer from 1-100% in a single pass adds tangible depth and texture to images and text.
Absolute Digital Value Up To B2+
The completely digital stand-alone solution supports barcode and variable data applications. Compatible with offset, laminated sheets and digital print, the press automatically processes a wide range of paper formats and substrates, with no need for any additional complex setup:
- Up to B2+ size sheet format (545 x 788 mm / 21.5 x 31 in)
- Material weights from 135 to 675 gsm / 6 to 30 points
- Material thickness – Up to 0.7 mm / 700 microns
High Value With High Productivity
The Scodix Ultra™ Digital Presses perform with a fixed-array of inkjet UV print-heads.
Efficiency is the keyword for these latest presses and they have been designed with that in mind. Different polymer canisters are available for use, can be selected by the operator as needed, on the intuitive touch screen, and easily and automatically switched. Machine maintenance can be carried out automatically and remotely.
A single operator can run the machine. Setting up takes hardly any time. You can design and implement all the enhancements you want, in line with your quality requirements, in-house, and on-demand. Now even short runs become profitable.
Stand Out From The Rest
By touching the senses with prints that stand out, Scodix SENSE™ leaves a lasting impression, delivering true print differentiation for your clients and their products. In today’s highly competitive industry, standing out is an absolute must, adding value to your print and creating more business opportunities!
A clean, green process that contains no polluting additives, Scodix SENSE™ and Scodix Spot HD eliminate plates, molds, chemicals, and solvents, while reducing energy consumption. Scodix SENSE™ and Scodix Spot HD output is non-toxic and recyclable.