Ensuring reliability, high-end quality and overall performance of the complete Scodix solution
Scodix digital enhancement printing allows ordinary products and applications to become extraordinary creations and saving on costs.
Scodix polymers are clear liquids. These polymers are cured with UV lamps on the Scodix press to produce the numerous effects designed to make sure products stand out.
In conventional processes, embossing requires two dies and a separate press run after any varnishing or laminating.
Texture is a combination of how a print looks and how it feels to the touch and is directly associated with the build-up of the Scodix PolySense™ on the surface. Create high elevated surfaces together with different densities, allowing the user to turn the flat printed image into an experience for the user who touches and feels the surface.
Scodix PolySense™ Overview
Each Scodix PolySense™ consumable supports different applications and market needs.
Scodix PolySense™ for printing Scodix applications include:
- Scodix PolySense™ 100 for printing:
Scodix Sense™, Scodix Metallic™, Scodix Braille™, Scodix Crystal™, Scodix Glitter™
- Scodix PolySense™ 300 specific for Xerox for printing:
Scodix Sense™, Scodix VDE™
- Scodix PolySense™ 350 specific for Xerox for printing:
Scodix VDE™, Scodix Glitter™, Scodix Foil™
- Scodix PolySense™ 500 for printing:
Scodix Sense™, Scodix Metallic™, Scodix Foil™, Scodix VDE™, Scodix Cast&Cure™
- Scodix PolySense™ 520 for printing:
Scodix Flat Foil™
Scodix PolySense™ Highlights
- 99 Gloss Units (GU), the highest gloss available for printed materials
- Up to 250 microns in polymer height, 100 times higher than selective varnish
- Variable density capabilities ranging from 1% to 100% can be created on a single page, in a single print process
- Scodix RSP™ (Rotate, Scale, Position) Technology for perfect registration from the 1st page
- Variable Data Printing supported by a barcode
- Multi-polymer containers with an automatic switching system
- A clean, green process, no plates, molds, solvents
Scodix Spot™ Overview
Scodix Spot™ is a special polymer developed for use with the Scodix Ultra Pro digital enhancement presses that digitally produce a silkscreen effect.
Scodix Spot™ for printing Scodix applications include:
- Scodix Spot™ 80 for printing 5-25 microns
Scodix Spot™ Highlights
- High resolution “silkscreen” effect, better than Screen
- Cost-effective up to 8,000 sheets
- Low thickness polymer (5-25 microns)
- High Gloss: 92GU
- For both Offset and Lamination
- Designed for the Scodix Ultra presses
- No make-ready time
- Variable information
- Easy to use
- Green process
Scodix Ultra 101
Scodix Ultra 202
- No VOC: the Scodix PolySense™ polymers do not emit any VOC’s into the environment, therefore it does not affect the operator at the print shop, nor the environment we all try to protect.
- Non-toxic: non-toxic and safe to use, the Scodix PolySense™ polymers have been tested and found to be suitable for a normal working environment.
Scodix Ultra 202
The Scodix PIC (Percentage Image Calculator) is a software tool that calculates the amount of Scodix PolySense™ polymer applied to each printed sheet. The software is offline and can be installed on any computer or over the web.
For the customer sales team, the PIC supports the pricing of jobs based on the amount of polymer needed for the job. For the Scodix press operator, it allows for a better forecast of the precise quantity of polymer required for jobs. Users can calculate the quantity needed for entire job copies, and plan the pricing and margins to charge customers.