These are crazy times, aren’t they? At Scodix, we completely understand. Recently, we have written about how we stand with our customers, celebrated our printing industry for their important efforts around healthcare and communications and thought about ways you can plan for the future. We know your business is likely impacted…and we suspect you are looking for ways to create interest in your print product offerings.
If you are considering digital print enhancement or finishing embellishments, Scodix is a leader in this field. And if you aren’t considering it, we believe it could truly be an important tactical, yet long-term strategic move, for the future of your print shop.
Why? Even prior to the disruption of the current pandemic, all previous research we shared on our blog from groups like Keypoint Intelligence showed that the Digital Print Enhancement market was set to grow to over a billion dollars by 2020. Even the drupa Global Trends report for 2019 and 2020 called out finishing as key area that printers were looking to invest in for the growth and/or expansion of their print offerings and market share.
Now we completely recognize today we are in a different place with the global impacts of the pandemic on the economy. There are still nuggets of gold though in this information from before today’s economic and business situation—digitally enhanced finishing for eye-catching, attention-grabbing print will create experiences, engagement and selection. In fact, a recent MediaFrenzy study saw this response in their COVID-19 related research:
‘During this crisis, brands that inspire me and give me hope are the ones I want to spend money with in the future.’
It boils down to making sure you continue communicating with your customers; the continued touchpoints will help your print business come out ahead even if we truly change to a “new normal”. This is where we believe Scodix can be an essential addition to your print product offerings and return some significant Return on Investment (ROI) for your technology investments.
Let’s take a look at 7 simple ways Scodix helps print materials jump out at, and into the hands of, consumers:
- Scodix Foil™: Print real foil, cost-effectively, without the need for dies and molds for short to medium runs; includes an option to use variable data and personalize products using real foil to achieve unmatched foil enhancement results.
- Scodix Spot™: Print selective spot varnish for short to medium runs, digitally recreating the effect of traditional analog flat varnishes, but without the set-up time or mess.
- Scodix Cast&Cure™: Unique capability based on the Scodix Foil™ station design, creating high-impact, 3D-holographic dramatic effects.
- Scodix Crystals™: Add colorful sparkle effects with Scodix Crystals™ and create real 3D items with a high-build polymer; replacing the manual positioning of crystals on products such as greeting cards and brochures.
- Scodix Metallic™: Enables users to enhance prints with metallic coloring by simply using the Scodix Sense™ CMYK color process.
- Scodix Glitter™: The usage of Scodix Foil with the texture of glitter and the combination of Scodix Sense™ with a pattern of glitter, enables users to get the look and the feel of real glitter without any mess all in a digital process.
- Scodix Uncoated: Scodix technology is uniquely capable of digitally enhancing uncoated substrates with quality integrity.
The most important aspect of the above is that this is all done in-line on a Scodix with our proven technology. This is important because it reduces production times and costs while opening doors to new business opportunities. Moreover, the ease-of-use makes for a simple install on your print shop floor and straight-forward training for your press operators.
Businesses that look towards the future today and offer something special will be in a better position on the other side of today’s current health and economic crisis; Scodix is here to support you and transform your print to an unforgettable, engaging experience. Reach out to us and learn how you can drive more print sale opportunities today.