The Scodix proprietary polymers are the heart of the Scodix digital enhancement presses and ensure the reliability, high end quality and overall performance of the complete Scodix solution. Scodix digital enhancement printing allows print service providers (PSPs), folding carton converters, designers and brand owners to turn ordinary products and applications into extraordinary creations and to save on cost.
Different types of consumables support different applications and market needs.
Scodix Consumables Overview
- Recyclable: a Scodix user, whether it be a print shop or an end user, can recycle the printed sheets in a paper recycling system. This is an advantage over other UV based printing systems, including screen printing.
- No VOC: the Scodix consumables do not emit any VOC’s into the environment, therefore it does not affect the operator at the print shop, nor the environment we all try to protect.
- Non-toxic: non-toxic and safe to use, the Scodix consumables have been tested and found to be suitable for a normal working environment.
Transportation, Shelf Life and Storage
The Scodix consumables come in containers of 5 kilograms (11 lb.). They are kept in a sealed container to protect them from being cured by the daylight. From the container the polymer is poured into the Scodix press container that holds up to 15 kg (33 lb.) of liquid. Shelf life is 8 months, and each bottle must be kept in a cool dry storage area in a temperature that ranges between 10°c- 45°c (50°f- 113°f).
Scodix PolySENSETM MSDS is available.
Percentage Image Calculator Software
The Scodix PIC (Percentage Image Calculator) is a software tool that calculates the amount of Scodix polymer applied to each printed sheet.The software is offline and can be installed on any computer or over the web.
For the customer sales team, the PIC supports the pricing of jobs based on the amount of polymer needed for the job. For the Scodix press operator, it allows for a better forecast of the precise quantity of polymer required for jobs. Users can calculate the quantity needed for entire job copies, and plan the pricing and margins to charge customers.
Scodix PolySENSETM 100
The Scodix PolySENSE 100 is a clear polymer liquid with no pigments in it. The polymer is cured with UV lamps on the Scodix press to produce the numerous effects designed to make sure products stand out.
In conventional processes, embossing requires two dies and a separate press run after any varnishing or laminating. With Scodix PolySENSE 100, you can easily produce these valuable effects in one pass.
- 99 Gloss Units (GU), the highest gloss available for printed materials
- Up to 250 microns in polymer height, 100 times higher than selective varnish
- Variable density capabilities ranging from 1% to 100% can be created on a single page, in a single print process
- Scodix Metallic Variety of metallic colors in one print pass and a Variety of effects: Glossy, Matt, Embossed – in one run
- Scodix “lens effect”, making colors stand out
- Scodix Digital Glittering
- Scodix Inkjet-Braille
- Scodix Barcode
Texture is a combination of how the print looks and how it feels to the touch and is directly associated with the build-up of the Scodix PolySENSE 100 on the surface. Scodix PolySENSE 100 has the ability to create high elevated surfaces together with different densities, allowing the user to turn the flat printed image into an experience for the user who touches and feels the surface.
Textured surfaces can be a pattern of small size elements, for example many round shape dots to simulate a snow surface, or random elements close to each other that form a surface simulating an alligator skin.
Scodix PolySENSE 100 can be used with all Scodix digital enhancement presses.